All of Us or None (AOUON) is a national grassroots community organizing effort working to reverse the discriminatory policies and practices affecting formerly incarcerated individuals. A New Way of Life is the fiscal agent of the Los Angeles and Long Beach chapters, which together form All of Us or None – Southern California (AOUON-SC).
AOUON-SC’s values are grounded in its “Self-Determination Pledge”:
- We demand the right to speak in our own voices.
- We treat each other with respect and will not allow differences to divide us.
- We accept responsibility for any acts that may have caused harm to our families, communities and ourselves.
- We fight all forms of discrimination.
- We help build the economic stability of formerly incarcerated people.
- We claim and take care of our own children and families.
- We support community struggles to stop using prisons as the answer to social problems.
- We play an active role in making our communities safe for everyone.
Thanks to the many supporters of All of Us or None, including the Liberty Hill Foundation, who are helping us reclaim our civil rights.