RE-ENTRY HOUSING SERVICES
Through our re-entry homes, we provide healing sanctuaries to help women re-unite with their children and work toward self-sufficiency.
EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS LEGAL CLINIC
In collaboration with UCLA’s Critical Race Studies Program, the clinic’s legal team works tirelessly in areas of restorative justice and litigation on behalf of clients’ legal, civil and human rights.
A New Way of Life works with All of Us or None (AOUON) and the Formerly Incarcerated and Convicted People’s Movement (FICPM). Both are national grassroots organizing efforts comprised of formerly incarcerated individuals, their families and community allies.
ANWOL houses and is the fiscal sponsor of All of Us or None-Southern California (AOUON-SC). AOUON-SC is comprised of both the Los Angeles and Long Beach Chapters of AOUON.
Our Women Organizing for Justice (WOJ) program provides training to increase the leadership and organizing skills of women with histories of incarceration.
- Pick-ups from prison and jail
- Clothing, toiletries and hygiene products
- Assistance in obtaining government documents
- Weekly 12-step meetings onsite
- Assistance in obtaining health services, including counseling
- Opportunities to participate in day-treatment
- Assistance in meeting conditions of parole/ probation
- Transportation assistance
- Assistance with family reunification, custody and child support
- Employment preparation and referral to career and education counseling
- Educational programming on topics such as rebuilding credit, record expungement and
- Assistance in searching for permanent housing
- Support in developing an alcohol and drug-free lifestyle
- Leadership development and advocacy training